Thursday, January 10, 2013

More Than This

Gratitude: The quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful.

It feels like a Thankful Thursday kind of day.
So, what am I thankful for?
I am thankful for:
Cows.
And chickens.
Not only because they give me meat to eat.
But because they give me milk to drink, eggs to eat, and something cute to look at.
I am thankful for
My mom.
And my dad.
And my siblings.
And I guess really just my family in general.
There is nothing like a forever family
who you can talk to
and play with
and laugh with
and have fun with
and learn with
and grow up with
and talk with.
I am grateful for computers.
How on earth did the pioneers write everything on paper?
And I don't understand how anyone had the patience for typewriters.
Or dial up internet.
We are so spoiled.
I am thankful for clothes.
And warm coats.
And blankets.
And finished Annie Dillard reports.
And cellphones.
And books.
And TV shows.
And toothbrushes and toothpaste.
Can you even imagine life without them?
I am thankful for nail polish.
And seminary.
And cars.
And gas. (For cars, of course. Not the other kind.  Because that would be embarrassing.)
I am thankful for friends.
And people I don't even know who say hi to me in the hallway
or compliment me in some way
or simply smile at me.
I am thankful for cameras
and art
and artists.
I am thankful for the opportunity for such an easy, accessible, above-average education.
I am thankful for teachers who love what they do.
Who find joy in teaching.
Because when they find joy in teaching, I find joy in learning.
I am thankful for a free country
And gum.
And The Book of Mormon.
And missionaries.
And fry-sauce.
And lotion.
And chapstick.
And blankets.
And heaters.
And a 27 on the ACT. (Which I JUST BARELY checked and saw my score.)
And food, for goodness sake.
And theater.
And Hamlet.
And Ingrid Michaelson.
And balloons.
And flowers.
And days where I finish my homework before ten o'clock.  (Like today. *Smiley Face.*)
And I am thankful for the amazing Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that I faithfully, and happily belong to.

Happy Thankful Thursday, everyone.

♥ Bekah.

No comments:

Post a Comment