Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hush, Little Baby

Lullaby: A song used to lull a baby to sleep.

Tonight, while babysitting,  I had the special privilege of putting my five younger siblings to bed.
They range from the age of one to ten.
I read books to the younger boys,
Cradled the baby,
Talked to the ten-year-old,
Giggled with the little sister,
And sang to all of them.
Then after the last one was finally tucked in,
I went back and looked at all the sleeping bodies.
The beautiful, innocent children in their blissful, dreaming state.
I love those little angels.
Those goofballs.
Poopers.
Mess-makers.
Noise-makers.
Questioners.
Trusters.
Gigglers.
Trouble-makers.
Apologizers.
And Melt-your-heart-with-those-big-brown-eyes-and-blonde-hair-ers.
Although having them around can make life stressful, noisy, messy, etc.,
Those little monkeys are totally worth it.
I love them and am so grateful for the fun and joy that they bring into my life.

And now that they are all in bed (and hopefully all asleep),
And the house is fairly picked up for my parents,
I can sit back, relax, and eat Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream in a cow mug.

My two favorite things all packed into one mug of happiness.

Have a lovely night.

♥ Bekah

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome to do that for your parents. I need to borrow you for a few years!!

    ReplyDelete