Monday, January 14, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

Manic: Pertaining to or affected by mania.

The end of the term is always a very stressful event for me.
This term more than others, probably because I did some ridiculous procrastinating.
But I survived.
And I survived with a 4.0.
And I survived with major sleep deprivation. 
But I'm not complaining.

Although it has been a Manic Monday, it has been a good one.
So what happened, you may ask?
Well, I woke up at six after going to bed at midnight (Staying up late to do homework, of course.)
I went to school and did my homework before class started.
I went to my first period class and did even more homework because it was a study period.
Then I went to second period and took the quiz (which is really more like a test than a quiz) that I wasn't very prepared for.
Then I went to third period and luckily we had a sub. Can you guess what I did?
Yes, I did homework.
I did homework during lunch and then I did homework after school.
And then when I put that pen down after my last Chinese Character an hour after school ended, the relief and the stress that lifted off my shoulders was almost tangible.
The term was finally over.
It was beautiful.
And then I headed to work.
And while walking with Darwin (the eighty-nine year old man I take care of) he decided to sit down.  And I couldn't hold him up.  
So I set him on the ground.
And I cried.
But then Darwin's grandson came to the rescue and helped me get Darwin back on his feet and on the couch.
And I dried my tears and realized how vulnerable life is.
And that we are all going to get old someday.
And depend on someone else to take care of us.
On a happier note, I came home to a special treat.
The Williams came over to eat Taco Soup with us.
That made me really happy because I love the Williams and I love Taco Soup.
We talked and played Catch Phrase, The Question Game, and "My Ministers Cat..."
And laughed.
A lot.
Just what I needed to end my overwhelmingly stressful day.

Have you ever seen "You've Got Mail" with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan?
It's like a modern recreation of "Sleepless in Seattle."
Well, I watched it again today, and I was reminded about how much I love it!
I love the fact that she's an owner of a cute, little bookstore, since I'm obsessed with cute, little bookstores.
I love the clothes. 
The hipster/librarian/writer kind of look.
I try for it sometimes, but then I just look like a man.
And I love Tom Hanks.
As always, he is so funny and so heart-warming.
But yes, if you haven't seen it:
Please do.
I promise you won't regret it.

Oh, Chinese was also really fun today.

We took BEAUTIFUL, VERY FLATTERING pictures.

And practiced for the Dragon Dance that we're going to do for the Chinese New Year celebration!

And that's about it for this Manic Monday.
I hope you're Manic Monday wasn't as Manic as mine.
But if it was, just remember that the sun will come out tomorrow.
In fact, if I were you, I would even bet your bottom dollar that's tomorrow.

♥ Bekah







No comments:

Post a Comment