Saturday, June 22, 2013

Maybe

Alexithymia: Inability to describe emotions in a verbal manner.

Maybe it's one o'clock and I know I'll have a sleep hang-over tomorrow,
but I just don't care.
I have this desire, this urge, to write something.
Anything.
But I don't know what.
I can't really put into words the mood I'm in right now.

In a little over two months I will be moving out of my house and into the college dorms.
I will be leaving everything I've known, for the last twelve years or so, behind.
This prospect is terrifying to me.
Most teenagers are ready to "leave the nest" and "FINALLY get more freedom and independence."
But me, I'm content living in my cute little corner room in the basement.
Falling asleep with cold toes and a squeaky bed is just fine with me.
But then again, how can I deny myself the exciting experience of college?
I get to have my own little adventure.
I get to meet new friends and new people.
I have have the opportunity to educate myself at one of the best universities in the country.
I should probably learn how to
manage my money
wash my clothes
cook my food
get a long with people
go to bed on time
change a tire on my car
pay my bills
and all the other responsibilities associated with "growing up."

Oh boy.
It's going to interesting.
To say the least.

Goodnight. Goodnight. Goodnight.


Ps, I went to California. It was amazing.


♥ Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment