Wednesday, June 5, 2013

All This and Heaven Too

Hadal: Pertaining to the greatest ocean depths.







It's summer and therefore, what have I been doing?
Well, watching TV of course.

First of all, Emma...
The four hour version, mind you.
Like, hi. Is that not the most romantic movie you have ever seen?
It just keeps building and building until you yourself are in love with Mr. Knightly.
And then they kiss, and you just want to scream to the world that you want your own Mr. Knightly.
So beautiful, and so so good.

Then I watched Room With a View,
with actresses Helena Bonham Carter and Maggie Smith (who later co-starred in Harry Potter as Bellatrix Lestrange and Professor McGonagall.)
There I was, minding my own business, when three of the men decided to go "bathe" in a pond. And when they mean bathe, they literally mean BATHE. As in
naked
birth suits
NOTHING ON.
And trust me, it did show it all.
A little TMI, if you ask me.
But it was good.
Although the ending was definitely too abrupt.
And why did she fall in love with him, all he did was forcefully kiss her twice!

And then, The Lakehouse.
Like, really?
I just don't understand it and I've probably watched it at least three times.
I mean, kudos to the writers, it's a creative story.
And very romantic.
But, time travel?
It's way too complicated for this brain.

And that is all.

I also spent a good ten minutes having a heart to heart with a telemarketer today.
He called me at work, and since Bonnie and Darwin have a hard time talking on the phone, I talk for them.
I lied and told him my name was Sarah.
But then I felt guilty for lying.
So I told him my real  name was Bekah and asked him how his day was going. He kept trying to say goodbye, but I kept asking him questions, and finally he opened up to me. Here's what I found out...

His name is Paul.
He is probably from an Asian country (judging from his accent)
He is 22.
And not married
(Because he's too conservative.  He doesn't want to get married so young.)
He does not have a girlfriend.
(He doesn't think girls find him attractive.)
To which, I added, that I was sure there is a lucky girl out there who thinks he is very handsome.

He then proceeded to ask me if I had a facebook and I said "Mmmmmmm, yeah, but my mom doesn't like me adding people I don't know." (When all else fails, use mom as the excuse.)

But he was really so nice, and I'm sure it was a nice break from the tedious telemarketer calls.  Can you imagine doing that all day?  It was also a nice break for meeee!

Then after a date of eating watermelon and playing volleyball, I came home and talked to my dad for an hour.  Have I mentioned that my dad was given the "Best Dad Award."? Well, he was, and he IS the best dad!

And, goodnight.
It's been fun.

♥ Bekah



No comments:

Post a Comment