Sunday, February 10, 2013

We Laugh Indoors

Laughter:  An expression or appearance of merriment or amusement.

I love Sundays so much that it is painful when it ends.
I dread going to bed because I know I have to get up and go to school in the morning.
I definitely prefer my Serene Sundays over my Manic Mondays.

Anyway,
It's been a really good (and hectic) week.

The show is going exceptionally well.
Ms. Nelsen FINALLY agreed to let me and Thayne make an appearance as Hamlet and Ophelia.
We're doing the opener as a speed through of Hamlet and then translating some of his lines into the rules.
For example,
"To be or not to be" becomes "To pee or not to pee, that is the question.  Please go before the show or at intermission, not during the show."
"For who would bear the whips and scorns of time" becomes "Please don't make us bear the noise of your children. If they are crying, please take them outside."
And a few other lines like that.
I like to think we're funny, but who really knows.
We're probably just ridiculous and over the top.
But it is fun, and it's nice to do Hamlet as a funny version for once.
And backstage is going better than planned.
Who knew being a techie could be so much fun?
We spent all of Fridays show playing ERS.
If you haven't played, learn how to play.
It is my favorite card game.
We were screaming and laughing and crying so loud in Nelsens room that we were afraid the audience might be able to hear us.  But the door was closed and we had no complaints, so, we continued to play.  We played it so that when you slap the doubles or sandwiches, you have to slap your head first.  This made it more painful and crazy.  AND HILARIOUS. I ended with a big red spot on my head.  But I won, so it was definitely worth it.

The pictures just can't capture how truly insane it was.
But it'll have to do, I guess.

Seriously though, we were all peeing our pants laughing.

Oh, the intensity.

I was up in the booth last night and saw Halea Walker right below me.
And I was eating a red vine.
So, I decided to throw some pieces at her to see how she reacted.
She was so confused at first and then by the third piece, she finally looked up.
You should have seen her face.
Shane also came to the play.
And naturally, we had to get a picture.

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.
Even if they think I'm dumb for taking so many pictures.

Austin came too.  And since someday we're going to steal horses and fall in love (inside joke from Handing Down the Names...), we took a picture.

I mean, I think we'd make a great couple.

Friday night was also the Chiles tradition. 
We took up so much room, and our waiters worked like crazy.
But it was so much fun, and my chicken crispers did not disappoint.

My peeps.

I sat by Adam.
And we took this picture.
And sent it to Nicole, his girlfriend.
And she was really happy about it.



Other highlights of the week?

Taking pictures of Becca in math, unbeknownst to her.

You can tell that she's having a lot of fun in Calculus...

Finishing Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.
It was about a Chinese boy in Seattle who fell in love with a Japanese girl during WWII.
I haven't read many books about the Japanese interment camps, and this one was really interesting.
AND CUTE.
And sad.
And had a happy ending.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes love, history, and/or WWII.

Love. Love. Love.

Thayne.  
In Nelsens room during the show.

Who wouldn't want this hottie?

Chives' (Dillon Durrant's) farewell today.  CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T GET ANY PICTURES. 
But don't worry, he will be at the show tomorrow night, so I'll make sure I get a picture with him then.
He gave such an amazing talk, and I feel so blessed to know such a wise, inspirational person.
I've known Dillon for four years, I think? And he has never ceased to amaze me.  He was one of the best techies who ever walked the halls of our school.  He is so dedicated and committed to what he does, and always gives it his best. He's never said a negative word about any person.  In fact, I find it impossible to imagine him ever saying something negative about someone.  He is so uplifting and spiritual, but also HILARIOUS. 
He told a joke in his talk that I loved. It goes:
"Boys should leave on their missions when they're sixteen.  Because they know everything and their moms won't cry when they leave."
Hahahahahaha, so funny, right?
I love him, and I know Finland is going to love him.
He is going to change so many lives.
And I am so very proud of him.

Elisa and I found that we had coordinating rings.
So I had to take a picture.



And that's about it for tonight.
It's been a good Sunday.
I've been enlightened, felt the spirit, and spent time with the people I love.
I honestly couldn't ask for much more.
Have a good week, folks.

Trying to be happier. I think it's working.  



♥ Bekah

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you changed it to laughing hippos:) also, I really like you. Really really really a lot.

    ReplyDelete