Monday, December 24, 2012

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Magical: Mysteriously Enchanting.

Christmas Eve never loses the magic.
The anticipation.
The excitement.
The possibility of tomorrow:
of Christmas.
But what is my favorite part of Christmas Eve?
(Other than our "Night in Bethlehem", acting out the Nativity scene, and watching "Breath Of Heaven"?)
It's going into the Living Room when everyone else in bed.
And no one else is stirring, except for myself, and maybe a mouse.
And looking at the beautiful tree glowing with beautiful lights.
And seeing the many, many presents that my family is spoiled with.
I think about the past year.
Of blessings I have been given and the things I have learned.
The worries that seem so big to me, seem to disappear.
Or at least become much smaller.
I remember how good life really is.
And how blessed my family and I are.
For me, that is the magic of Christmas Eve.


Merry Christmas, tomorrow.
I hope everyone is snuggled in their beds,
while visions of sugar plums dance in your heads.

♥ Bekah


No comments:

Post a Comment