Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gravity

Peace: A state of mutual harmony between people or groups.


It's been a great Sunday.
I gave a talk in church.
Gotta love "tag-teaming" it with a soon to be missionary.
Needless to say, the chapel was full.
After church we went to Chris' house and ate some delicious food.
Don't worry, I said goodbye to him too.
It's hard to believe that we're not all five again,
trading pokemon cards or having bike races or playing nightgames anymore.
Instead we're going to college, leaving for missions, or (heaven help us) getting married.
Oh, I painted my nails today.
WRINKLES.


Morbid thought for the day:
We're all really just pumpkins.
We're carved so beautifully, but what we don't realize is that oxygen is slowly rotting us.
It is slowly eating us from the outside in.
The longer we're on this earth, the wrinklier we get.
Until we can't survive in our mortal bodies anymore.
And then we die.
I'm SO GRATEFUL for the knowledge I have that 
"The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame." 
-Alma 40:23
The scars we have,
The pain we go through,
The hair we lose,
The wrinkles we develop,
These imperfect mortal bodies can someday reach perfection.
What a comforting feeling.

Tonight we went to Grandma Vicki and Grandpa Charles' house to watch "A Wonderful Life" with them.
I've never realized how much I've been missing out.
I LOVED IT.
It's definitely going on my "top ten favorite movies" list.

This week, my heart is breaking on behalf of the families in Newtown, Connecticut who lost beloved family members in the mass shooting at the Elementary School.
I know that those perfect little angels are sitting on God's lap now, watching their grieving families, wishing they could tell them that it's okay.
They're in a perfect place now.
Why one person would commit such an act of wickedness stuns, baffles, and confuses me.

Someone posted this song on Facebook and I think it is truly inspired:

//And in despair I bowed my head
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”//


God bless those courageous, brave, and inspiring families who are suffering beyond belief right now. 

Have a lovely evening.
And don't forget, life really is good.
God is watching over us and guiding us on this journey.

♥ Bekah


No comments:

Post a Comment