Friday, February 20, 2015

He(art)

I treasure the way their eyes light up when they do art. You can just see, and feel, their creativity flowing.
This is why I love doing art with other people.
Especially with the boys and girls.

After an exceptionally hard week, it was so nice to go into work today, and find ways to engage the kids. Instead of depending on a movie to entertain them, we painted for thirty minutes. Then played soccer in the gym for an hour. We had so much fun, We kept playing even after the club closed.

And this, people, THIS is my major. 
Sometimes I get so frustrated with accounting, and finance, and time value of money, and percent of sales method, etc. etc. 
I forget what I am aiming for.
But, this is exactly what I am studying to do.
Recreation has such a real way of connecting people with others.
And such a therapeutic way of connecting with you with YOURSELF.
Cool.

We're not supposed to post pictures of the kids on social media, and I reeeeally respect their privacy, but I have to get some pictures of the joyful happenings. So, I figure the top of their heads are private enough.

The kids made the brown color all by themselves, and I was very proud of them.




 This is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment