Tuesday, February 10, 2015

avocado sandwhiches

It was a good day of human development tests and avocado sandwhiches.
I went on a date on this Tuesday at 10:00 PM. 
We rolled up to the Roll-Up Cafe and listened to cool music and ate a yummy crepe and drank yummy hot chocolate.

I worked today. I work everyday. And almost every day (good weather permitting) I walk five of the kids home from school. It's about a fifteen minute walk, and I have really come to enjoy this time outside, and the funny conversations we have. Today, Elliot the fourth grader had his little nintendo ds out and he wanted to play on it while we were on our walk. At first I was like "yeah, cool" And I then I was like, wait, yeah right. This is such a good opportunity to teach kids about the importance of nature and to practice not letting my future children spend their time outside on their electronics, etc. etc. So, I told him to put it away. And at first he wasn't happy. He told me he only had three hobbies: eating, swimming (not expecting that one), and video games.
Uh-oh. 
We (I) spent the rest of the walk talking about how cool nature is, and by the end, his face was lighting up and I think he was really starting to appreciate everything I was saying and guess what? There, in the side pocket of his jacket, sat his green little nintendo ds, abandoned and forgotten.



Video games got nothing on this. Take that, Nintendo




No comments:

Post a Comment