Thursday, December 5, 2013

Accidental Phone Calls

Mother: A sacred title referring to a woman who bears or adopts children.


Today while I was in the library, my mom called me.  Excited to hear from her, I quickly answered the phone, then realized she hadn't meant to call me.  But to my delight, I could still hear her and the kids as they were on their way to the store. I decided to eavesdrop on the cute little fam of mine.

I listened to my mom talk to the kids, ask them some really cute questions, and sing Christmas songs with them.  The way she responded to the kids when they asked questions, or asked for candy canes, or fought over a certain toy, reminded me of how wise my mom is. I am so grateful I WAS SENT TO HER FAMILY.  I really could not have been luckier.


To the beautiful, elect, noble woman who taught me everything I know: I love you.

Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment