Friday, November 30, 2012

Are We There Yet?

Friday: The sixth day of the week, following Thursday.

Well it's Friday.
FINALLY.
This is my favorite day of the week.
What a relief it is to hear the last bell at 2:15 ring and I know that I have a whole weekend to relax.
Or do homework.
Or both?
Friday is what keeps me going through the week.
It's what motivates me to get up at 5:45 every  morning.
It's what gets me through a hard homework assignment, or a bad day at school, or worries about the future.
It's the light at the end of the tunnel.
It's the sun coming up tomorrow (or at the end of the week.)

Just a little review of the big week I had:
Monday after a long break, specifically after a long break that includes my birthday, is always hard to adjust to.  School was, well, school.  We finally started rehearsing Hamlet during class.  I am really excited about that. Then I had work and I watched My Fair Lady with my favorite elderly couple. Couldn't help but sing a long.  We had Family Home Evening when I got home. I can't remember what it was about.  (SORRY MOM.)

Tuesday was Evening of Excellence.  I was able to talk about a project I had finished. (Because I finally finished my first project. YES.) I may or may not have sluffed third and fourth period to write a song.  But the important is, that I wrote it.  I'm pretty proud of it too. I only have six more projects to do. In six months.  Perfect.

//The spirit was really strong as the Young Women sang "I Will Live It."
I wish I could describe the feeling I felt while singing it.  It felt so true.  I love the line, "He is counting on me to arise and shine." And the line, "It's more than just something I read, the gospel of Christ is a part of my life, I am acting on the things that the Savior has taught me." I know that I need to live the gospel in my life.  I know that the Lord needs me to shine with the beautiful knowledge I have been blessed with. I hope people can see that.  My desire to serve a mission grew even more while singing this.  I want to bring this gospel to others so they can live it.  And so they can be blessed with it too.//

Wednesday my grandmother took me, my twin, my mom, my aunt, and my great uncle to The Met Opera.  Now I am a theater kind of girl, but I was really worried.  I thought it would be boring and I was sure I'd fall asleep.  That sounds horrible, but it's the truth.  Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it.  We saw "The Tempest" which is really modern. In fact, the composer was the director in the pit. (Spoiler alert. We didn't actually go to New York City to see the Met Opera.  Instead, we saw the broadcast of the actual Opera in a movie theater. It was just as good.  Plus we were able to see close ups that the real audience couldn't.) I also found at my Great Uncle Florin was a drama teacher for twenty-five years.  Well glad someone finally told me.  Goodness.

I had Hamlet rehearsal after school on Thursday.  And we're coming up with really cool tech ideas. I also sang at the Live Nativity last night.  Jacob, Chad, Mike, and I sang songs from seven-thirty to nine.  It was cold, exhausting, but really fun.  After that, my mother helped me finish my essays for BYU. I am so relieved that they are done.

And then that brings us to Friday. To this lovely, lovely day.
I woke up at four o'clock this morning to write my book report. Bad idea.
We never really do anything in photo.
So I slept.
And it felt so good.
Definitely going to bed early tonight.
Today also ends the infamous month of "No Shave November." I am proud and slightly embarrassed to admit that I did it this year.  And dang, my legs are Very. Unattractively. Hairy.
For your viewing pleasure:


Really though, who wouldn't want to date this?

I am happy to say that tomorrow I will have beautiful, smooth, shaven legs again. Thank goodness.
And that's about it for today.  
It's been fun.
Here's a few of my recent instagram pics. (This will hopefully distract from my hairy leg.)




Have a lovely Friday. 

Bekah








No comments:

Post a Comment