Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Goodbye, eleven inches.

Hair: The substance that looks like a mass of fine threads growing especially on the head.

Hi, I cut off eleven inches of my hair this week.
So that's cool.
I woke up on Wednesday morning, and felt that it would probably be good to donate my hair soon.
Then for lunch, I walked into the wilk, and a hair salon was there cutting hair for Locks of Love.
Coincidence?
I think not.
I was having a really good hair day too, with long, beautiful curls.
I sat in there for about an hour, telling myself that I could just cut it over Christmas Break or something.
But as I got ready to go, I couldn't leave.
For whatever reason, maybe because there's a girl who desperately needs my hair, or maybe to simply humble myself, I felt very strongly that I needed to donate my hair right then.
I knew I would regret it if I didn't.

So I got up.
And with my heart beating fast, and my palms sweating, told them I wanted to donate my hair.
And now I have eleven less inches of hair.
And I love it.
And my head feels lighter, and my heart feels happier.

For some reason, Heavenly Father was prompting me to donate my hair that lovely Wednesday afternoon.
I don't know why, but I knew I needed to follow that prompting.
I'm so grateful for a father in Heaven who knows me better than I know myself.
Who understands the whole perspective.
Who helps me become refined and become a better person.

Before:


After:


I truly hope you are having a lovely day.

♥ Bekah


No comments:

Post a Comment